Help reauthorize the Second Chance Act of 2009, which is due to expire!
Prison Reform is at the top of the Congressional To Do list, with members continuing to reach across the aisle every day to create legislation that will improve our current incarceration system. There are many bills filed in both houses, several created through bipartisan effort. Read more about the current efforts supported by The Center For Prison Reform:
- S.1410 – Smarter Sentencing Act of 2014
- H.R.2656 – Public Safety Enhancement Act of 2013
- S.1675 – Recidivism Reduction and Public Safety Act of 2014
- H.R.3382 – Smart Sentencing Act of 2013
- S.1783 – Federal Prison Reform Act of 2013
- H.R.3465 – Second Chance Reauthorization Act of 2013
- S.675 – Record Expungement Designed to Enhance Employment Act of 2015
- S.502 – Smarter Sentencing Act of 2015
- H.R.2197 – Youth Prison Reduction through Opportunities, Mentoring, Intervention, Support, and Education Act
- H.R. 1854 – Comprehensive Justice and Mental Health Act of 2015
- S. 467 – Corrections Act
- S. 1119 – National Criminal Justice Commission Act of 2015
Contact your Representatives in Congress!